Edible face masks are very popular in beauty salons and spas, but you can make them at home with ingredients you probably have on hand. Full of anti-aging antioxidants, vitamins and enzymes of cellular rejuvenation, home facial masks can help you achieve a beautiful naturally skin. Best of all is that you can customize them for your skin type or specific need and they are very economical.
– olive oil
– blender or food processor
– small knife
– measuring spoons
1. Peel and cut into cubes the papaya. Place in a food processor or blender and make a paste. Alternatively, chop the very small papaya with a knife. Place the papaya in a small bowl. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey and mix well. Apply a generous amount of papaya mask on the face with an upward motion. Let the mixture sit on the skin for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Dry the skin gently.
2. Finely grate a raw carrot. Place carrot pulp in cheesecloth and press it over a small bowl to extract the juice. Add an egg, a tablespoon of yogurt and a tablespoon of olive oil and mix well all ingredients. Apply the mask on face and neck in an upward motion. Rest your head to prevent dripping and leave the mask on for 25 minutes. Rinse with warm water and continue with the normal routine of skin care.
3. Peel one cucumber and cut into medium cubes and place in a food processor in order to create a pulp. You can also grate the cucumber if you have a food processor or blender. Place cucumber in a small bowl and add enough yogurt to make a thick paste. Gently place this mask on the face and neck. Leave skin covered for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Depending on the fat content of yogurt, it may not be necessary to place a moisturizer afterwards.
4. Mix a ripe banana with 1/2 small lemon juice in a bowl. Add to this mix a tablespoon of honey and mix well to combine. Apply the mask to the face and neck for 15 minutes, and be careful to prevent dripping. Rinse with warm water and then apply a moisturizer.